Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We are being sought after!


I'm beginning to prepare for a message I will be speaking on Spiritual Warfare and figured I would take a few moments and talk outloud as a way to begin processing some of my thoughts.....

We are being Sought After!

John 10:10 tells us that the thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy and in 1 Peter 5:8 we read that our enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.


Whether we like to admit it or not, the devil is out to get us. He doesn't want us to live a successful Christian life, on the contrary, he wants us to fall away from Christ and cause damage to the Body of Believers in the process. One of the devil's worst enemies is a sold-out, radical Christian. So he does what he can to hinder people's walks and tries to get people to stumble in their faith.

But thank God that the devil isn't the only one who is seeking after us.

Luke 15:4 Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the 99 in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, "Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep." I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous person who do not need to repent.

Ezekiel 34:12 As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they are scattered on a day of clouds and darkness.

It is comforting to know that Christ is watching over us as our Good Shepherd, and that no matter what the devil brings at us, the Holy Spirit is always there with us. 1 Corinthians 10:13b....And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

No comments: