Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Much Needed R & R



This quick preaching trip to the States has been a much needed "break" for me. I didn't realize how driven and wired I am until these past few days.  I've had two whole days with absolutely nothing planned.  In fact, I have even limited emails, chats, and phone calls, simply because I am trying to rest and relax.  Honestly, it has been great.  I've been able to pray without interruptions, I've read two more books, and I've been able to just sit and read the Bible.  Unfortunately though, I've discovered something about myself:  I have a very difficult time "doing nothing." As much as I know that this time to myself has been a God thing, I have been having a hard time not doing or accomplishing something.  I've never realized just how driven I really am.  Sure, this can be a great attribute, because I do get things done and tend to make things happen, but at the same time, I do need to learn to "just be."  Wow, the story of Mary and Martha keeps coming to my mind!  Lord, teach me to rest in your presence and to be still and know that You are God.

No comments: