Monday, May 19, 2008

Shall We Negotiate?


This past weekend, I received all the information regarding the two churches that we are interested in assuming. (See blog from two weeks ago: Good idea or God idea) I believe that the buildings and land are worth the price they are asking, however, we are not in a position to pay what they are asking. You know, I never thought I would find myself wanting to negotiate over the price of a church. Sure, a building or land that we desire to use for a church, but never actually negotiating over the price of two exisiting churches, that actually have faithful congregations.
How is it that two ministries can begin to barter and negotiate and try to "get the most that they can" from each other, when they are negotiating over something that belongs to God? I know business is business and I try to be the best steward of God's resources that I possibly can, but something seems wrong with this picture! Shouldn't I want the best for this other ministry? Shouldn't I desire that they are blessed and prosperous? Shouldn't I treat them the way that I desire to be treated? If that is the case, why am I trying to pay the absolute mininum that I can for these two churches? To be continued.......................................................................................

No comments: