Monday, May 12, 2008

A Double Blessing on Mother's Day

It was a great Mother's Day weekend. We went out to eat, not only with my mother, but also with my grandmother. And even though it was Mother's Day, my grandmother (G-Ma) made me her famous, old-country recipe Apple Strudel. Wow, I should come back to visit more often!

It was a tremendous blessing being with family, but God also had another blessing in store for me. On sunday, I also had the opportunity to share about our orphanage at Allison Park Church, which is pastored by Jeff Leake. Jeff, by the way, is my brother-in-law, and was also my pastor when I lived in Gibsonia. I knew that Pastor Jeff was going to interview me during the services, but I didn't know that the church was going to present Metanoia with a $10,000 check to help support the orphanage.

Thank you Allison Park Church for your prayers and continual support. And thank you mom, dad, and G-Ma for a pleasant weekend.

No comments: