Saturday, May 10, 2008

Da Burgh

I arrived in Pittsburgh Friday night and will be headed back to Nicaragua early Monday morning. It is nice how God worked it out for me to be with my mother on Mother's Day (tomorrow). I don't think I have been in Pittsburgh and able to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom since I was senior in college. What a blessing this is for us as a family. And the really cool thing is that we don't celebrate Mother's Day in Nicaragua until June, so I can buy my wife a Mother's Day card on sale tomorrow! Hopefully she won't read this blog and find out how cheap I really am. Actually, I hope she is reading this because I bought her two very nice gifts when I went shopping today. Hey I might be cheap, but I'm not stupid. We didn't write Discovering Your Way in Marriage: A Practical Guide for Young Couples without first living out what we wrote. It didn't take too many nights sleeping in the dog house or on the couch for me to finally get a clue. Gentlemen, whether your wife's love language is receiving gifts or not, every lady loves to receive them. ....It shows that you care and were thinking about her.

Disclaimer: In almost 13-year s of marriage, the author of this blog has never slept in the dog house or on the couch and never plans to. This statement was used for literary purposes only.

No comments: