Friday, May 30, 2008

Immune Builder Shake

I was traveling through the Houston airport today and decided to buy an Immune Builder Shake from Smoothie King. When I finally made it to my gate and sat down to enjoy this yummy treat, a thought came to me: This Immune Builder Shake is a lot like my devotions for my spiritual well-being. Please let me explain. There are tons of places to grab something to eat in the Houston airport, but the majority of the things they offer aren't the best for our physical well-being. So instead, I chose something that was full of vitamins and minerals, something that would help strengthen my body. So it is with our spiritual well-being as well. There are tons of things that we could do with our time, energy, and resources, but they are not all good for our spiritual immune system. (our spirit man) We could opt for things that would be fun, entertaining, or exciting, but that would ultimately leave our spiritual immune system in a weak and/or vulnerable state. Or we could choose to spend time praying or reading the Word and ultimately build our spiritual immune system. It is a simple choice that you and I have to make everyday.

1 comment:

LeahBK said...

Hi Eric,
I work with Smoothie King, and I think it's great you are choosing healthfully even while on the road. Smoothie King has locations in airports across the country, so hopefully you will find another one on your next trip!