Wednesday, August 6, 2008

PREPARING FOR SUCCESS


In Proverbs 6, we find a few interesting facts regarding ants and how it is that these little creatures are able to survive like they do. If we took the time to review this passage of Scripture, we would see that the ants are successful because they are in constant preparation. Constant preparation is something I believe we need to implement in our lives as well. About 13 years ago, I heard Pastor Scott Wilson, the pastor of The Oaks Fellowship in Texas, say "You will be tomorrow what you are planning for today!" Of course that wasn't an original quote that he trademarked or copyrighted, but it is obviously a true statement. And from the moment that I first heard Scott say it, it has become one of my favorite sayings. In fact, I not only believe it, but I try to practice it in my own life, and I also teach about the principle every chance I get. So with that said, allow me to share with you a few thoughts on preparing for success.

1) We Need to Pray (John 16:13)

2) We Need to Observe the Wind (Acts 27:13)
-cycles, trends, culture

3) We Need to be Constantly Evaluating (Proverbs 27:23)
-What are people saying?
-What is the environment around you like?
-How are people responding to you and your leadership?
-How are people reacting to your decisions?

4) We Need to Make Plans (Proverbs 32:8)
-If you aim at nothing you will hit nothing!
-Even if you don't stick to them 100%, atleast you will have direction.

5) We Need to Take Repsonsibility

6) We Need to EXPAND our Perspective and Viewpoint (Acts 1:8)
-We cannot limit God and what He wants to do.
-We Need to Dream Big, Dream Outloud, and Dream in Full Color.
-Get around other dreamers and out-of-the-box thinkers.

No comments: